Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

The group that I would belong in would be Generation Y or other known as Millennials as far as demography. Just because I do a lot of social networking. I consider my social networking promotion for myself. I tend not to do a lot of things on the internet and also by my android phone. I think the main thing with my generation is we are spoiled everything is based on what you have. If you don’t have say smart phones then you’re not in date with everyone. Or if you don’t have the newest “Betsey Johnson” handbag you’re not fashionable. So I think a lot of the social media made my generation who they are. All generations are comfortable with technology, but this is the generation that’s been formed by technology,” said by Yahoo executive. (Page 17 Chapter Three in Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing). It’s not that some of the other generation doesn’t like the technology of today, but they are the ones who could do without it. Unlike my generation most of us swear by the technology. I don’t think that say the baby boomer generation does not agree upon the way we live out lifestyle. Because they had to work for everything they got in life, rich or poor my generation gets a lot handed to us without having to really do much. Just like if you compare it to schooling and how public schools are ran today then how they where many years ago. “Young people want to be in control of their relationship with a brand. They want to customize and personalize.” ( Page 18 Chapter Three In Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing). I think based off of the quote that we don’t want everything to be for us we want to make it our own. Just because we think as if we are more important then everyone else. So we do strive for custom things in life. “it’s not something separate. It’s just something they do.”( Page 17 Chapter Three In Armstrong&Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing) I think that as time goes on that more people will see that the things we do will bring us together in terms of how we do things now. That’s why I’m happy that I’m a Millennials.

No comments:

Post a Comment