Monday, August 29, 2011

EOC Week 8 : My Creative Concept

  
I think that my target market would be young adults and lower. Demographic factors are the most popular bases for segmenting customer groups. One reason is that consumer needs, wants, and usage rates often vary closely with demographic variables ( Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing   Page 177 Chapter Six. )  Because I want to range my food for girls and boys in the Milli Generation I would have to look at things they can relate to. I also looked at the social factor and idea of fashion and ice cream to combine them together in one.   Ideas can also be marketed. In one sense, all marketing is the marketing of an idea, whether it is the general idea of brushing your teeth or the specific idea that Crest toothpastes create “healthy, beautiful smiles for life.” Here, however, we narrow our focus to the marketing of social ideas. ( Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing   Page 214 Chapter Seven. )   I would want to appeal so that I get many different followers because I don’t want to just base it off of girls and for it to be so glitz that boys won’t want it. The hardest market for me would be the marketing to boys since when you hear fashion you don’t think of guys so much.  My marketing plot would be to have many males who have clothing lines to be on the truck and clothing brands that guys like.  For marketing stand points to get my ice cream truck out there I would use social media such as facebook, twitter, and MySpace. Because I know that’s where my target market is and that’s how I can find them.  In that being I would also have cute girls and guys working for me of course I would have one each and use them as models. So one day we can do high fashion and have all high fashion ice cream then the next week do hip hop street wear. We can change the menu up according to what week it is, though we will have are signature ice creams like the Marilyn Monroe Cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment